Meteoro Falcon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meteoro Falcon

I bought a Meteoro Falcon 50 watt head from one of the large used amp sites on the internet and of course it didn't work on arrival. After going to three different shops for repair it was diagnosed with a bad power transformer. Tried to email and call Meteoro, which is a Brazilian company, with a big zero results. Even have a local in Brazil trying to contact them to ask what is the make and model number of the transformer and possibly where I can find a replacement and while your at it how about a wiring schematic!! The transformer has no markings at all and without a reply from Meteoro or possibly someone with experience with the same issue, I am screwed to the tune of $600 plus nearly $200 for repair bills and its still broken. Located in south Mississippi which is irrelevant but suggested by a previous post. Any help is appreciated as I have an expensive boat anchor at this point. Should have known this it's the third and last time I will be burned by purchases through Rever....

There is very little real info on that manuafacturer.
    Open it up.
    How is it wired.
    I would expect it to be Fenderish like a Bassman.

Comment

Some pictures or notes on how many wires and what colours they are for the power transformer would help.
      Originally posted by Enzo
      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

What is the exact nature of the fault? A bad transformer can be shorted or open, either on the primary or secondary. If the HT is open on the secondary, then the other voltages will still be there. Transformers are down on the list of failures - other faults can give similar symptoms.

The tube compliment will be an indication of the main voltages. Also, if the board has opamps, it will likely have a +/-15v supply. If relays then maybe 12 or 24v as well.
        Last edited by Mick Bailey; 01-29-2020, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X