Yamaha TA-30 Transistors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha TA-30 Transistors

I'm working on an old TA-30, seems to be an earlier version than the schematics that are available, ser #20049 pcb #LC-0400-2.
    I'm curious about the transistors, I can't find data anywhere. they are all NPN silicon so I will try some substitutions until I find one that works.
    Does anyone know anything about these? I'm not sure C401 is short for 2SC401. 25 H ?

https://music-electronics-forum.com/...1&d=1580494191
    Attached Files

Not sure what you have for schems., so posting all info I have.
    Attached Files
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Thanks g1, I have those and other old Yamaha schematics. No luck. Looking in some of my old books it looks like the C401 is indeed 2SC401 made by Sony. There is also a
      2SC293 on the board, a TO5 marked Sony on top, so I'll assume the 25 H is Sony also.

Comment

Looks like small signal circuits with basic NPN xstrs. Most anything should work there.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

On the newer version schematic they use 2SC373 in place of the 25H. I ended up using 2SC1000. The 25H was making a lot of noise. Now on to fixing the tremolo and reverb

Comment

Most of the old Japan made amps have small signal transistors with ECB pinout as opposed to EBC.

So double check your pinouts.

Comment

The leads on these are flat. I'd like to see the datasheet but that seems highly unlikely

https://music-electronics-forum.com/...1&d=1580590400
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X