GK 250ML cleaning trim pots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GK 250ML cleaning trim pots

Sorry for dumb question, but can you use regular electrical cleaner on trim pots (like you would on panel pots), or ar they more like faders? I am trying to adjust the gain and volume on this GK250ML and the one gain pot is super touchy. I don't want to try to clean it with the wrong stuff and turn a 30 minute adjustment into a whole teardown and repair.

Thanks in advance,
    Greg

Not sure what you mean by electrical cleaner, but generally yes, use DeOxit on any pot, as well as plugs, jacks, and almost anything else that isn't a slider fader. Best to use something designed for those. Use as little as you can get away with.
    It's weird, because it WAS working fine.....

Comment

Originally posted by Randall View Post
      Not sure what you mean by electrical cleaner, but generally yes, use DeOxit on any pot, as well as plugs, jacks, and almost anything else that isn't a slider fader. Best to use something designed for those. Use as little as you can get away with.
      Thanks, just checking. They look really fragile so it makes me curious if they are different than most pots. Just being paranoid I guess. You would be too if everyone was after you.

Comment

I've been able to seep Caig DeOxit with the cap brush into sealed Spectrol, Bourns and others, as well as the open frame variety and had good success. As Randall said, use as little as possible, since it does work well as long as the pot resistance tracks aren't damaged.
        Logic is an organized way of going wrong with confidence

Comment

Working...
        X