It’s got to be better! It has a tube!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It’s got to be better! It has a tube!

Handmade 64GB Orange Pentode Radio Tube USB Flash Drive with Wood Stand. Steampunk/Industrial Style https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NB0QYPQ..._065nEbA5EB6VE

Everything is better with a tube. I have a customer with an all-tube pacemaker. His heartbeat is steady, reassuring and dependable, not like a modern heartbeat. And if it goes wrong he can fix it himself. You can't do that with SMD.

Comment

Looks neat. But at $65 I'm afraid I'll have to stick with the ugly ones.
      "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
      You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

AND won't die when the tewwowists blow an EMP.

Jusrin
        "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
        "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
        "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Bailey View Post
          Everything is better with a tube.
          So true. Sometimes when I make pizza, I bake them right in to the crust!
          Originally posted by Enzo
          I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

"Dude, went a little heavy on the baking soda in the crust, eh?"
            "Nah man, that's the barium & calcium oxide coatings from the cathodes of the tubes I baked in. Mellows out the bite of the hot Italian sausage I used."

Jusrin
            "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
            "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
            "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Thomas View Post
              "Dude, went a little heavy on the baking soda in the crust, eh?"
              "Nah man, that's the barium & calcium oxide coatings from the cathodes of the tubes I baked in. Mellows out the bite of the hot Italian sausage I used."

Jusrin
              How come I can hear a bong percolating in my head when I read that?
              "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
              You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Dunno. I've never smoked pot in my life. Ate a whole plate of brownies by accident when I was 10, but...

I could imagine a lucrative future in pot comedy for myself I guess...

Jusrin

Comment

Working...
                X