Pace ST45 tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pace ST45 tips

I'm looking at a Pace ST45 SODR*TEK Sensatemp - the later aluminium case model (white face). Tips seem to be really expensive over here and limited. Are there any other tips that fit the iron?

Edit: I just saw the cost of a heater element and for an older station that needs tips and maybe in the near future an element it adds up to too much compared to buying a brand-new Pace with a guarantee.
    Last edited by Mick Bailey; 02-03-2020, 10:54 AM.

Pace PS-70 & PS-90 Slodering Iron Tips

Originally posted by Mick Bailey View Post
    I'm looking at a Pace ST45 SODR*TEK Sensatemp - the later aluminium case model (white face). Tips seem to be really expensive over here and limited. Are there any other tips that fit the iron?

Edit: I just saw the cost of a heater element and for an older station that needs tips and maybe in the near future an element it adds up to too much compared to buying a brand-new Pace with a guarantee.
    I have one of the Pace ST45 base units tucked away....it uses the same PS70 or PS90 irons that my MBT stations use, which support both Solder and DeSolder irons.

Pace 3/6" dia tips have always been expensive, which is why I continue searching ebay for deals on tips. The last great deal I came upon was a NON-Pace tip....a 3/16" wide chiesl, nicely plated, P/N V375. It looks much like the Pace 1121-0358-P5 3/16" Chisel tip. I've no idea who the mfgr is, but it works really well in the Pace PS70 irons I have. I think I bought this package of 25 tips for under $10 on ebay!! I'm normally very partial to the Pace 1121-0518-P5 Thermo-Drive 1/8" chiesl tip and it's small 1/16" chiesl tip 1121-0510-P5 Thermo-Drive cousin, along with 1121-0337-P5 1/8" chiesl and it's smaller 1/16" chiesl 1121-0414-P5 tip. I've attached both a Pace Consumables Catalog along with a Plato Catalog, who also makes tips for Pace.

ConsumablesBro_Update_v11 final Hi Res.pdf
    2008 Plato Catalog.pdf

I also have the Sodrtek ST45 manual as well as the PS70/PS90 Service manuals attached.

SODRTEK ST 45 Manual.pdf
    PS70-90_Service.pdf
    PS-70-90_Heater.pdf

If you PM me, I could send you several of these 3/16" Chisel tips. They last a good while if well maintained. I think I'm on my third tip now having bought that package a good year and a half ago.
    Last edited by nevetslab; 02-04-2020, 05:42 PM.
    Logic is an organized way of going wrong with confidence

Comment

Thank you for the information and the offer of the tips. I did a search for the Plato tips and the company who's solder I buy (MBO) stocks them so I'd be able to get that brand in the UK. When I did a general search for 3/16" tips I also found some that are very similar to the Pace ones with a similar length and bevel on the insertion end. Looking back I see that some of the stations have sold with a selection of new bits and other accessories for not much more than the bare station+iron I'd been looking at, so it may be worthwhile holding out to get a more generous setup.

Pace appears to be under-represented in the UK and the emphasis is on Weller, with a lot more supplier choice. I like the look of the Pace stations, though.

Comment

I have bought Plato tips for various irons over the years. They have worked well for me.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
        X