The Bias King Pro modification that it desperately needs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Helmholtz View Post
    Without knowing the frequencies involved and understanding the positive feedback path, it's hardly possible to recommend specific measures without testing.......
    I agree and it's why I prefaced by saying, "Hard to say EXACTLY what's causing the oscillation". I suggested trying the cap because it's a quick and easy thing to test.
    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Originally posted by Helmholtz View Post
      Without knowing the frequencies involved and understanding the positive feedback path, it's hardly possible to recommend specific measures without testing.
      I tend to think that using shielded cable (withstand voltage!) is more promising than ferrite beads, as these mainly damp HF currents.

But it might not work with all amps. I generally recommend to pull the PI tube before taking plate measurements.
      The good news is there is no high voltage in the cable runs. The 4M7/470R divider is built into the socket.
      I like the idea of pulling the PI tube.
      If I have a 50% chance of guessing the right answer, I guess wrong 80% of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
        I agree and it's why I prefaced by saying, "Hard to say EXACTLY what's causing the oscillation". I suggested trying the cap because it's a quick and easy thing to test.
        Yes, I noticed and am curious if it works.
        - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Working...
        X