Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best solution for reducing Reverb tank feedback (howling/screeching)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leo_Gnardo View Post
    I wonder if RTV "bathtub caulk" would work instead of hot melt. FWIW I have no hot melt glue around the shop, never really needed it. Also, you rewind bad reverb tank coils ?!?
    I've used RTV and it works fine. Even a thin piece of card or plastic wedged in if the gap is large - anything to stop the transducer from moving. It also can give can give an improvement in the reverb signal because the transducer is then properly fixed (perhaps not what nevetslab needs right now!).

I'm pretty handy at rewinding coils and I prefer this over replacement. If I have a bad coil I can rewind it and get the job finished and out of the door. If I have to order a new tank, I sometimes have to go on a hunt for the part, or close match, then have the amp sitting around for anything up to 5 days while I wait for it to arrive. In a restoration I don't like the idea of chucking out the tank for the sake of a few hundred turns of 42 gauge. Rewound coils always work better then the originals and are more reliable.

Comment

I have tried many fixes and still have the problem
      Last edited by TonyB; 02-04-2022, 05:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X