No announcement yet.

So, now we know: it was a modified Coronado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The amp can't be that good if they couldn't even get Jimmy to do the demo.
    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

I volunteered to do the demo, but they told me they'd have to sell the amps for a hundred bucks then.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

You're only allowed inside the amp. Stay away from the outside.
        "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Well, getting back to the tone of the thing for a moment. I think the extra saturation might be a consequence of our era. Jimmy's played through a lot of amps since then and most of them were probably capable of more gain than he remembers from his old Supro. So I might say the sound is right, if you juiced up the old amp a little. Which doesn't always go over well for these little amps and didn't in this case in my opinion. I think if you just backed down the gain a little so it didn't "quite" squish as much and frappe the frequency response. Then I do think it would be spot on for all my ears can tell.
          "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
          You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck H View Post
            Well, getting back to the tone of the thing for a moment. I think the extra saturation might be a consequence of our era. Jimmy's played through a lot of amps since then and most of them were probably capable of more gain than he remembers from his old Supro. So I might say the sound is right, if you juiced up the old amp a little. Which doesn't always go over well for these little amps and didn't in this case in my opinion. I think if you just backed down the gain a little so it didn't "quite" squish as much and frappe the frequency response. Then I do think it would be spot on for all my ears can tell.
            Cool a mundo. I've got my lotto numbers all ready. If I win, gonna plunk down $3,800.00 and get one! As long as the lotto winnings pay for the new driveway, and bathroom tile job and ... and ... and ...
            The only good solid state amp is a dead solid state amp. Unless it sounds really good, then its OK.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
              I volunteered to do the demo, but they told me they'd have to sell the amps for a hundred bucks then.
              They would tell me "Please stay away from the amplifier, let the musicians play"
              The only good solid state amp is a dead solid state amp. Unless it sounds really good, then its OK.

Comment

Working...
              X