Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement Potentiometer for Lab Series L3 amp

Hi there!
    I need a potentiometer for my Lab Series L3! Love this little wonderful amp!
    The Master volume potentiometer doesn't work anymore so I need to replace it.
    On the service manual this one is a Resistor 25kΩ, rotary log 10% (Part Nr. R46 / 925-041426-002) (https://music-electronics-forum.com/...ad.php?t=41289)
    Does anyone know which poti fits adequately for replacement? Seems to be difficult as I think there are no longer any original spare parts available...
    I recently brought the amp to a repair shop, but there were not able to find a matching spare part. Any suggestions someone?
    Thank you in advance for your help!!

A picture or some specs/measurements would help.
    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Yup pictures will speak a thousand words. Also have you tried cleaning the pot and checking the solder joints. Maybe you have already done that but just have verify.
      When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

Originally posted by DrGonz78 View Post
        Yup pictures will speak a thousand words. Also have you tried cleaning the pot and checking the solder joints. Maybe you have already done that but just have verify.
        Yes, what is wrong with the pot?

The Lab series amps used a pc mounted CTS pot with a reversed shaft, the resistance element was on the back of the pot instead of on the front side. I used to have a few odd pots around to steal the shafts from to repair Lab pots with broken shafts, but doubt that there are any left.

You might be able to fit a tiny panel mount pot in there, but the space between the board and the front panel is pretty tight.

Comment

I just searched eBay, there are a few used ones there for $30 each.

Comment

CTS pots use a lot of interchangeable parts and are easy to fix and service. I regularly rebuild them and swap donor parts from other pots to keep them going. So, yes - we need to know what's wrong with it before offering any advice.

Comment

Working...
            X