Source for black grill cloth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Source for black grill cloth?

Where is a good place to buy black plastic heavy duty speaker grill cloth? I am repairing a Boss Katana amp that has a tear in the cloth. Thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	grill cloth).JPG
Views:	1
Size:	1.00 MB
ID:	856721

Comment

There are so many places. I used to buy from the OEMs so it matched. But places like Parts Express sell a selection. But really, google "grille cloth" and settle down reading about places.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Axtman View Post
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]56965[/ATTACH]
        That is a unique looking weave. But I doubt Boss/Roland would sell you a slice. I get ordinary grill cloth typically from Antique/CE in Tempe AZ. Possibly you buy other things there so check the catalog & order up. Another solution that's cheap, available, and looks pretty good is black double-knit which you can get at any fabric store. What's nice, it stretches a bit, and that can make up for imperfect stapling. When you have a block type geometric pattern like what's in the photo, you have to be very careful stretching & stapling the cloth so it looks even. If not, it looks like Tommy Ten Thumbs put it on, you & your customer can do without that.
        This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

I'd look into Mojotone.
          It's weird, because it WAS working fine.....

Comment

Originally posted by Randall View Post
            I'd look into Mojotone.
            +1. I've gotten some black and gold grille cloth from Mojo with a weave pattern that looks the same as that. Don't know if they have all black.
            If it still won't get loud enough, it's probably broken. - Steve Conner
            If the thing works, stop fixing it. - Enzo
            We need more chaos in music, in art... I'm here to make it. - Justin Thomas
            MANY things in human experience can be easily differentiated, yet *impossible* to express as a measurement. - Juan Fahey

Comment

Lots of grill cloth on eBay, also (in various sizes and types).
              "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Working...
              X