Mesa recto 25 combo has to much mid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa recto 25 combo has to much mid

I have a friend who has a Mesa recto 25 combo. wants the Mid range adjustment pot to be able to go lower (in amplitude, not frequency) Other than swapping tubes, speakers and using an outboard EQ, what modification can I do to the circuit to tweek the mid-range

Schematic?
    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Unfortunately I have not been able to find one. I realize finding one and posting it would greatly help others help me. I will keep looking

Comment

If you can't find/don't have a schematic, my best advice would be to download the Duncan Tone Stack Calculator here:

http://www.duncanamps.com/tsc/

Plug in the values you have in your amp, and play with the calculator to try to see if you can achieve your goal.

Edit: It might be a good idea to hook up an eq temporarily and have your friend adjust it for what he likes so you know what you're aiming for.
        Last edited by The Dude; 02-18-2020, 02:41 AM.
        "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

it can be the speaker no? Has he tried an external one ?

Comment

Recording Hi Gain

I try to make comparative audio files, with 2 sounds in stereo playing the same riff, one in the left, one in the right. It's to compare my pickups.
            But i don't hear once recorded what i've heard while playing. Some times i find the tone more distorted, muddier in the sample then in real. I did not get the same fidelity using audacity, cubase and garage band, while using the same mic and sound card.
            I don't play very loud, so the mic can't saturate itself ? I bought the mic and the focusrite scarlett 2i2 used but in good shape, and sometimes the tone is pleasant, some times it's worse than in reality.
            Is there some special equalisation while recording hi gain ? Some tricks ? My mic is Shure SM57,

Comment

Originally posted by tepsamps View Post
              I try to make comparative audio files, with 2 sounds in stereo playing the same riff, one in the left, one in the right. It's to compare my pickups.
              But i don't hear once recorded what i've heard while playing. Some times i find the tone more distorted, muddier in the sample then in real. I did not get the same fidelity using audacity, cubase and garage band, while using the same mic and sound card.
              I don't play very loud, so the mic can't saturate itself ? I bought the mic and the focusrite scarlett 2i2 used but in good shape, and sometimes the tone is pleasant, some times it's worse than in reality.
              Is there some special equalisation while recording hi gain ? Some tricks ? My mic is Shure SM57,
              I think you meant to start a new thread with above post. Try here: https://music-electronics-forum.com/...newthread&f=48
              Originally posted by Enzo
              I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by tepsamps View Post
                So sorry, i thought i was i a new thread, it can be deleted ...

Comment

Working...
                X