X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Natures Way" : Spirit

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...tail&FORM=VIRE

Comment

pandemics are an omnipresent risk in a "world economy" which allows those with money to extract anything from anybody irrespective of distance. And those same rich people will be the absolute last people endangered by said pandemic. The system works.

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
        If you're male, over 60, with underlying conditions, especially so.
        Oh crap. That's me on all 3 counts. It used to be good in Australia. We were an Island. Isolated. Populated by mainly Europeans who came by ship or small planes. Now with so much air travel, we feel more insecure. Last year a major food chain here was importing frozen food from China that had faecal matter contamination. Holy Shit Batman!

Now our mindless government is letting in Chinese students because our universities are losing money. Money controls everything.

I think the Truth is out there, were just not being told.

Comment

And our mindless government is allowing the Chinese to take control of our mobile comms infrastructure. They're also pitching to build our high-speed rail service, nuclear power stations and more.

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Bailey View Post
            And our mindless government is allowing the Chinese to take control of our mobile comms infrastructure. They're also pitching to build our high-speed rail service, nuclear power stations and more.
            I'm not sure if I'm comforted or more concerned that government greed and short-sighted stupidity isn't limited to Australia, Mick. Maybe Harry and Megs had the right idea. Let's all move to Canada.

Comment

I moved to Australia in the 90s under the skilled migrants program. I had the choice between Canada and Australia at that time and made a bad choice as I went when the really bad recession was hitting hard. Friends who moved to Canada at the time are still there and have no plans to leave. I liked Australia at the time because of the relative independence and self-sufficiency. I lived in Adelaide and most food was produced locally and imported goods pretty expensive and there were lots manufacturers of tools, hardware and other supplies. There was a large tool shop near to where I lived and everything was either Australian, USA or UK made. Zero Chinese goods at that time. I still have the Adelaide-made arc welder I bought back then.

Comment

I liked Australia at the time because of the relative independence and self-sufficiency. I lived in Adelaide and most food was produced locally and imported goods pretty expensive and there were lots manufacturers of tools, hardware and other supplies. There was a large tool shop near to where I lived and everything was either Australian, USA or UK made. Zero Chinese goods at that time. I still have the Adelaide-made arc welder I bought back then.
                I remember those good days, Mick. Since you were here, all of our car manufacturing has been shut down. GM just closed down the Holden brand name. Oil refineries are being shut down (Caltex and Shell in NSW, BP in Qld). Huge areas of farmland is being sold off. China's land grab have made them the second highest foreign owner of our farmlands (behind the UK). Its all about greed and money. I weep for my children and unborn grandchildren.

Comment

When I arrived there was a huge billboard on the way into the city. It read "NO JAP CITY". The intention by the state government was to build a new city - initially with a population of 100,000 but scaled for 250,000 in an Australian-Japanese joint venture. Opposition was vocal and militant. They branded it the MFP - Multi-Function Polis. After more than a decade of opposition and huge public spend, it was eventually abandoned.

Comment

When I arrived there was a huge billboard on the way into the city. It read "NO JAP CITY". The intention by the state government was to build a new city - initially with a population of 100,000 but scaled for 250,000 in an Australian-Japanese joint venture. Opposition was vocal and militant. They branded it the MFP - Multi-Function Polis. After more than a decade of opposition and huge public spend, it was eventually abandoned.
                    Fascinating. I hadn't heard of that. Time to Google.

Comment

It occurred to me though that the mortality rates are being expressed as a percentage of known infected cases, but isn't the real picture more representative when mortality is expressed as a percentage of resolved cases? If you get infected there are two main outcomes - you live or you die. When viewed as resolved cases then the mortality is about 9%.
                      Thanks Mick for pointing this out. You are of course correct. Other estimates put it at about 8% which, combined with the infection ratio of around 1.5 to 2 is troubling news indeed. Control measures have to get that ratio to less than 1 to stop the spread. Given asymptomatic spreaders and now apparent re-infected persons this is not going to end well.
                      Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Comment

Working...
                      X