Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reproduction fender amp chassis and front/back plates

Hi All,
    For ages I had a link bookmarked to a small manufacturer, I am pretty sure it was australia, who makes the most awesome reproduction Fender blackface amp chassis and front/back faceplates. Went to look up the site today, dug through my book marks, can't find it. As I recall it was very hard to locate via e.g. Google.
    Anyone happen to know the web site? I recall several blackface style Fender chassis for sale.
    Thanks
    Mike
    The only good solid state amp is a dead solid state amp. Unless it sounds really good, then its OK.

I think a lot of the repo faceplates and backplates were given letters from Fender. There are close ones with no company name on them (such as Mojotone). One guy in Florida? still made them but you had to return a original damaged one before he would sell you a new one.

Comment

Thanks for the info Mozz. That was my fear. Shoulda, coulda, woulda bought a few back when I thought they were too pricey. Danged if I can find that web site now. These looked as good as the originals, at least from the photos. I think that a lot of people who "blacked faced" silver face amps used plates from this guy. And the chassis looked spot on as well. The odd thing, I usually back up links too many times, was sure I had a link in a spread sheet or browser, but so far no find.
      The only good solid state amp is a dead solid state amp. Unless it sounds really good, then its OK.

Comment

As luck, or whatever would have it, I found the site again, they're still there. Someplace in the far east? Stuff looks "really* good, photos anyway. Wondering if any of you built an amp with these chassis.

Comment

Originally posted by mikepukmel View Post
          As luck, or whatever would have it, I found the site again, they're still there. Someplace in the far east? Stuff looks "really* good, photos anyway. Wondering if any of you built an amp with these chassis.
          Mike, howsabout you post the site address so we can have a peek at what they have to offer & maybe comment appropriately?

FWIW I had a guy who bought bits & bobs from several sources then brought me the "kit" so I could assemble a Princeton Reverb copy for him. He bought the chassis (without face plate) from an outfit in Thailand. It was perfect! Excellent quality steel, all the proper bends & holes right where they belong. $60 cheap, but it took another $60 to get it shipped halfway around the world to NY. For reasons I cannot fathom he would not share his source.

This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo_Gnardo View Post

Mike, howsabout you post the site address so we can have a peek at what they have to offer & maybe comment appropriately?

FWIW I had a guy who bought bits & bobs from several sources then brought me the "kit" so I could assemble a Princeton Reverb copy for him. He bought the chassis (without face plate) from an outfit in Thailand. It was perfect! Excellent quality steel, all the proper bends & holes right where they belong. $60 cheap, but it took another $60 to get it shipped halfway around the world to NY. For reasons I cannot fathom he would not share his source.
            Hi Leo, (Wow, I can't believe that post is almost 8 months old, akk Ive been 'out of touch' due to too many work hours. Two steps forward, three back). The site I found is: http://www.solandfa.com/products-Del...hassis-Kit.asp Chassis, plates, and logo look good from the photos. And yeah, shipping is a killer. I have heard some blotters say "Im nog gonna tell people about this site, cause Fender will shut it down!". The chassis looks far better than the one I got. The chassis I got is a mojo clone (or maybe the other way around). It has holes drilled in teh chassis for the cabinet to chassis bolts, so the bolts go *through* the chassis, <big frown> not the best safety wise. If I had the abilities to build for sale, like you guys do, I would never use this chassis. Anyway, the front plates look far better than mine. I don't care that much that it has the Fender logo, since its not really fender, and Im not trying to clone anything. Yeah, man, the price is a bit steep but shipping, eek.

Comment

I can't find the address anywhere on their site. I did ask a few questions via email, very responsive. Id like to build a Vibrolux type thing next.

Comment

Originally posted by mikepukmel View Post
                I can't find the address anywhere on their site.
                'Sol and Fa' are in Thailand.

Originally posted by Enzo
                I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
                  'Sol and Fa' are in Thailand.
                  That's it, thanks! Oh for the life of me, I could not remember that company name. I haven't seen in person, but photos, their products look very nice.

Comment

Working...
                  X