Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fostex X18H 4 track cassette recorder

Hello,
    I am looking for a schematic for this Fostex X18H recorder. I plugged it to a power supply 12V/1500MA but did not verify the polarity before powering up. (The power supply was a Radio Shack universal wall wart with a reversible polarity plug). I toasted a diode and bulged 2 capacitors on the power supply board. I can replace the components but would feel more comfortable if I had the schematic to work from. Thank you for your help!

I have the X18 manual somewhere. What is difference from X18H? Mine is in storage, and right now it is too cold and snowy to go over there and root around.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I have the owner's manual but do not have the schematic or layout. The H suffix applies to the recording speed of the motor...It runs at higher speed for increased (so they say) fidelity...

Comment

I was a Fostex service center, all the manuals I have are service manuals. The double speed feature shouldn't affect the power supply and related issues.

https://americanmusicandsound.com/

You might contact them and ask if they can provide the drawings.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thank you, Enzo! I have contacted them and requested the schematic.

Comment

Working...
          X