Unique Favorite Tools of ours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foredom Model 30 Depth Gauge for cut-off discs use

Another treasure found at a local surplus store (Industrial Liquidators in Hawthorne, CA), I came back to the shop at BGW Systems, Inc with a Forerdom Model MMG Bench-Model high speed hand grinder system. Bought both a Model 30 hand piece, which has a Jacob's #0 Chuck, and a smaller #28 handpiece (which used collets like used in Dremel's), I was a happy camper. When an order of PCB's arrived where the vendor messed up on cutting the depth of the PCB, I wandered into the machine shop and, armed with a 1-1/8" Forstner Bit, I drilled a thru hole in a small block of maple, then added a couple holes where I threaded in a pair of #10-32 bushings, and cut to size some fish paper and rolled it up, I had a crude but well-adustable depth gauge to set the cut of the carborundum cut-off discs. Then, is was a matter of slicing off the excess PCB material, and finishing the edge with my carbide mill files.

This simple depth gauge has seen a lot of use over the years. I've never had the funds nor the space for a proper milling machine, but have worked around the absence of it as needed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Model 30 Handpiece -Jacobs #0 Chuck.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	2.61 MB
ID:	856926 Click image for larger version

Name:	Model 30 Handpiece mtgd in depth gauge-2.jpg
Size:	1.66 MB
ID:	856927 Click image for larger version

Name:	Model 30 Handpiece mtgd in depth gauge-3.jpg
Size:	1.73 MB
ID:	856928 Click image for larger version

Name:	Foredom Model MMG Bench Motor & Model 30.jpg
Size:	1.59 MB
ID:	856929 Click image for larger version

Name:	Chassis panel opening cuts-1.jpg
Size:	193.7 KB
ID:	856930 Click image for larger version

Name:	Chassis panel opening cuts-2.jpg
Size:	184.8 KB
ID:	856931
    Last edited by nevetslab; 03-06-2020, 07:28 PM.
    Logic is an organized way of going wrong with confidence

Comment

Working...
    X