Sunn Concert Emitter Resistor Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunn Concert Emitter Resistor Question

I have a pair of Sunn Concert Bass amps with blown outputs.
    The blown output's emitter resistors is measuring high and I would like to replace it (or the set).

The problem is that I don't see anyone making the 0.27 ohm 10W Cement resistors anymore.

So, I am looking for alternatives:

1) use a 0.33 ohm 10W Cement resistor
    2) use a 0.27 ohm 7W resistor
    3) use two 0.5 ohm 10W resistors in parallel (to get 0.25 ohms)
    4) use a much larger 0.27 ohm 25W resistor (the kind you bolt to the chassis to dissipate the heat.

My thoughts:

1) use a 0.33 ohm 10W Cement resistor (not sure if this would be a problem or have other unwanted side effects)
    2) use a 0.27 ohm 7W resistor (not sore if 7W is large enough)
    3) use two 0.5 10W resistors in parallel (dislike the parallel idea due to resistor imbalance and a greater risk of failure)
    4) use a much larger 0.27 25W resistor (the kind you bolt to the chassis to dissipate the heat. (Somewhat overkill and extra work)

Any thoughts, recommendations or comments on the better way to go with this.
    Attached Files

What do you mean by measuring high? Wirewounds pretty much are open or OK. If the 0.27 ohm part reads 0.4 or something, make sure to subtract the resistance of your probe wires. If they measure 10k or something, then they are just open.

I went to Mouser and entered "0.27 ohm 10w" in their search box and it came up with this immediately:

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...Yupn7gkw%3D%3D

If you changed ALL of them to 0.33 it wouldn't hurt. But the right part is available, so...
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
    X