Screws for Shadow E-tuner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screws for Shadow E-tuner?

I bought a Shadow E-Tuner that replaces the bridge humbucker mounting plate and fits under the pup. But I lost the little packet of screws that came with it. They are a little smaller in diameter than the 2mm screws that I can get everywhere. And I cannot find anything that will fit into those itty bitty holes. Multiple attempts to contact Shadow Electronics have gone unanswered. Does anyone know either the exact spec for these screws or a source to buy them?

can you measure the hole ID with calipers? is it a machine screw (single diameter) or a tapered screw?
    There are several readily available metric machine screw diameters <2mm including M1.8, M1.7, M1.6, M1.4, M1.2
    But you usually have to buy them in boxes of 100, like the Mfg does...

Comment

Originally posted by tedmich View Post
      can you measure the hole ID with calipers? is it a machine screw (single diameter) or a tapered screw?
      There are several readily available metric machine screw diameters <2mm including M1.8, M1.7, M1.6, M1.4, M1.2
      But you usually have to buy them in boxes of 100, like the Mfg does...
      The hole measures 2.22mm at the top and 2.47mm at the bottom and fitted with counter-sink at the top.

The screws are tapered and pointy.

I have no problem with buying 100 screws. I just need to find a source.

Comment

Folk Music Center in Claremont CA was able to provide me with four screws that fit. The outside diameter of the threads is 2.13 mm

Comment

Originally posted by TwoFistedJustice View Post
          . The outside diameter of the threads is 2.13 mm
          from OP "They are a little smaller in diameter than the 2mm screws that I can get"
          so they weren't smaller were they

Glad you got it sorted!

Comment

Working...
          X