Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craid BX-50 Need to find original / Cross referenced AMP chips

Hello Team ,

A friend of mine brought his AMP to a "repair person" to get it fixed. After the " repair person " had the BX-50 repaired it did not work.
    On further investigation I came to the conclusion that the 2 "new" Parts ( 5 Legged TDA2050 ) are were not soldered properly.
    Assuming that it is the only problem I soldered the pins properly using a Metcal Station.
    Since I still have no sound I want to make sure that the 2 replaced Parts ( TDA2050 ) are the right Amp`s for this Model.
    Cold anyone please show me a picture of his working BX-50 so that I can make sure that it is a functioning or original part
    It currently turns on but I get no output whatsoever...
    When the " repair person" received the Amp it was physically blown due to negligence... toooo much input (on the input jack not AC Voltage )
    Any advice would be much appreciated !
    UPDATE : I found a schematic and it looks like TDA2050 is the correct choice. I am ordering new ones and if someone could please tell me what else may be dead ( by experience ) Thanks !

Thank you !
    Kind regards
    Frank
    Last edited by zerocoolorez; 03-02-2020, 08:07 AM.

https://music-electronics-forum.com/showthread.php?t=48629
    It's All Over Now

Comment

Keep in mind that the TDA2050 has been out of production for a number of years.

Chinese knockoffs are mostly what is available.
      And they have a poor performance history.

I would install the LM1875.

Comment

Have you checked the speaker and wiring to it?

And I suspect the "customer" meant a Crate BX59.
        Last edited by Enzo; 03-02-2020, 06:42 PM.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Power amp Crate BX50 works in bridge schematic, jacks J3 (ext spkr) and J4 (phones) MUST be isolated, ie they must not have any direct contact with the chassis.
          Check switch contacts on J3 and J4 that they didn't accidentally dissociate.

1)
          http://bee.mif.pg.gda.pl/ciasteczkowypotwor/SM_scena/Crate/Crate_BX-50_(07S237)_Schematic.pdf
          Last edited by vintagekiki; 03-02-2020, 07:41 PM. Reason: 1)
          It's All Over Now

Comment

Working...
          X