Carver PX 1450 Ch 1 cutting out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carver PX 1450 Ch 1 cutting out

I have a PX 1450 on my bench, and I think I am over my head on this one! Usually I work on guitar amps and this buggah is much more complex than most things I work on.
    So, Channel 1 will alternate between functioning (green "Power" LED lit) and not. I have put a 1K signal into the input and it does amplify cleanly, but then cuts out & the power LED goes out. I have done some voltage measurements at various test points while in either working or not working condition, however nothing out of sorts. I have the schematic, but really have no idea which circuit controls this function.
    Any advice?
    Steve

Post the schematic
    When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

Hi Doc...Well, it's a PDF I d/l from electrotanya. Here is the link as I cannot see any way to attach a .PDF
      https://elektrotanya.com/carver_px14.../download.html

BTW I met Dr. Thompson in New York in 1984...whatta scene that was!

Thanks!
      Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Fundy View Post
        ...... I cannot see any way to attach a .PDF ......
        Click "Reply to Thread". Click "Go Advanced". Look for the little paper clip graphic.
        "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

You download the file from Elektrotanya, and save it to your computer somewhere. Then you come here and start a post. Click GO ADVANCED to get to the attachments part. Then open the attachments box and seek your file and upload it.
          Attached Files
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Ah, I see, go advanced for the attachment
            appreciated. Thanks Dude
            Steve

Comment

Thanks Enzo. Got it for future reference.

Comment

Hi all. So any ideas about this Carver Amp?
                Thanks
                Steve

Comment

The thermal or protect LED is not coming on but 'power' LED goes out?
                  TP21 pg.2 sector D5 is where ch.1 'on' comes from. Display LED's on pg.9

You have one amp that works fine? Then you have a good set of voltages to compare to.
                  Originally posted by Enzo
                  I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Working...
                  X