Line 6 Stage Source L3m

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line 6 Stage Source L3m

Good morning to everybody.....Checked the net for a service manual but could not find anything....this unit turns on, produces a low freg bump in the speakers but no lights and nothing happens....leave it on and in a few seconds you hear that bump in the speakers again....sounds like it is trying to start up but something is shutting it down....anybody have schematics or know where to get them.....Line 6 won't release anything....
    Cheers,
    Bernie

Do you know a local Yamaha dealer or service tech? They will be able to download the service manual from the Yamaha service portal

Comment

Originally posted by Kevina View Post
      Do you know a local Yamaha dealer or service tech? They will be able to download the service manual from the Yamaha service portal
      I deal with Yahama in Ontario but I never knew that they were the dealer for that brand....here in Canada it is Yorkville Sound and where this stuff is top secret they are not allowed to release anything.....I'll try Yamaha...
      Cheers,
      Bernie

Comment

Log onto the Yamaha service portal, its all there.

A local Yamaha tech called me about a year ago to ask advise about a guitar unit. I told him the same and he called me later to say thank you, all sorted.

Comment

Log onto the Yamaha service portal, its all there.

A local Yamaha tech called me about a year ago to ask advise about a guitar unit. I told him the same and he called me later to say thank you, all sorted.
          Yamaha Canada doesn't have anything to do with Line 6.....Yorkville Sound is the Canadian rep for that line.....
          Cheers.....

Comment

Have you tried a hard reset as per the owner’s manual?

Comment

Originally posted by olddawg View Post
              Have you tried a hard reset as per the owner’s manual?
              Thank you for your reply....No I have not.....I do have one working...once you pull the electronics and tear it apart, all the boards plug into each other with headers....and apparently this is one of the most common problems with these......you have to remove all the boards, clean the header connectors and re-connect everything.....what I had to do was connect the power supply board, the riser board which has the HF chip and connect the pre-amp/ system control board.....BUT..... before you do that you have to pretty much discharge all the filter caps to make sure they have no charge on them...if you don't do that, you will blow stuff.

Once I did that, I powered it up and it turned on..it worked and the lights on the back panel could be changed as well....(if it doesn't work then you have a problem within those three sections)..... once you power down, discharge all the caps again.....and connect ONE of the woofer amp modules and repeated the test...if it powers up ok, then I shut it down and discharge the caps again and then I moved that woofer module to the other connector(there are two woofer amp modules here), and retested....it worked fine....discharge all caps again and then install the other module....if that module is ok, the unit will power up.....if, during all this you come to a point where the unit does not power up, then whatever you just connected is probably bad.....you have to make sure that you discharge pretty much ALL the filter caps on the main power supply board....

There is a temp sensor which has a transistor mounted to a small board and when removing it,(actually two temp sensors on the one harness), you could snap the leads off trying to remove all the crappy glue....It has happened to me...the Canadian rep.(Yorkville) is currently sending me a handful of these transistors.....and there is no listing for these on the net.....I will keep you posted on the progress.....
              Cheers,
              Bernie
              P.S. If there is an easier way to check these out, I am all ears.....as the owner has 8 of these....

Comment

No, you have to log onto the Yamaha service portal in Japan using your dealership login, there you will have all the data, probably including a fastrack fault finding procedure.

Comment

Seriously.. Try the reset procedure. I have bought several dead or malfunctioning Line 6 amps off of Craig’s list for next to nothing intending to use them for cabinet of builds only to find they were fixable with a hard reset. A couple I got from shops as “unrepairable”. The procedure is in the owner’s manual on line.

Comment

No, you have to log onto the Yamaha service portal in Japan using your dealership login, there you will have all the data, probably including a fastrack fault finding procedure.
                    It's possible that Canadian logins will be blocked via the Japan backdoor. It sounds like Yorkville has the Canadian distributorship all locked up even though Line6 is now owned by Yamaha.
                    I think yorkville had line6 line before Yamaha bought it so it may have been part of the sale deal that they retain sole distributorship.
                    Originally posted by Enzo
                    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
                      It's possible that Canadian logins will be blocked via the Japan backdoor. It sounds like Yorkville has the Canadian distributorship all locked up even though Line6 is now owned by Yamaha.
                      I think yorkville had line6 line before Yamaha bought it so it may have been part of the sale deal that they retain sole distributorship.
                      I don't have a login username and password.....The music store has it set up so that I just call Yamaha and get whatever I need......Yorkville service manager is trying to get me some info.....
                      Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by olddawg View Post
                        Seriously.. Try the reset procedure. I have bought several dead or malfunctioning Line 6 amps off of Craig’s list for next to nothing intending to use them for cabinet of builds only to find they were fixable with a hard reset. A couple I got from shops as “unrepairable”. The procedure is in the owner’s manual on line.
                        OK. i will check that out......
                        Cheers

Comment

Working...
                        X