Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Helmholtz View Post
    This is Heyboer.
    What is known about the temperature class used by Hammond?
    I wanted to correct some information here. I emailed Heyboer to confirm what temperature class magnet wire they use and he responded that the temperature class 155C is Typically used. This is fairly common in transformers. Motors, relays, and other coils. Obviously, 180C is “better”, in that I would want my transformer to have it. But it comes down to a cost/benefit analysis.
    If I have a 50% chance of guessing the right answer, I guess wrong 80% of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by SoulFetish View Post
      I wanted to correct some information here. I emailed Heyboer to confirm what temperature class magnet wire they use and he responded that the temperature class 155C is Typically used. This is fairly common in transformers. Motors, relays, and other coils. Obviously, 180C is “better”, in that I would want my transformer to have it. But it comes down to a cost/benefit analysis.
      Looks like contradictory statements on the part of Heyboer.
      - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Originally posted by Helmholtz View Post
        Looks like contradictory statements on the part of Heyboer.
        Ok, so it looks like the mixup with the temp was the rating of the lead wire, which is PVC "appliance wire". It's rated at 130c, but the gauge of that is 22AWG. Strange mixup

Comment

Working...
        X