X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orange Crush 20 recording capabilities

Hello!

I got a question regarding home recording for hobbyists:

I currently plug my guitar into my old Zoom G2 effects processor and from there plug it directly into my PC aux sound card using 3.5mm Male to 6.35mm Female adapter.
    This way I can hear what I'm playing from my PC speaker (it's a Bluetooth JBL, not for guitar), and I can also record.

The recorded sound is pretty close to what I hear from my speaker, but the overall quality of the sound is pretty bad - both, due to the speaker and the effects processor's quality.

I move around a lot so haven't had an amp before because of that. But I got sick of this poor sound quality so I decided to buy an amp for two reasons:
    • So that I can enjoy a better sound coming out from an amp (instead of a non-guitar speaker)
    • So that my recorded sound is better

It says that Orange Crush 20 has a CabSim feature on its output, which emulates a mic'd Orange 4x12 cabinet. I don't wanna bother buying a mic and recording that way, I prefer just plugging stuff in directly that's why I'm considering this amp.

Is recording through Crush 20 going to give me a better sound quality than what I currently have?
    I'd appreciate hearing any experience you guys have with this amp : )

Cheers!

Does the zoom you’re using have a cab emulation facility, if so are you using it?
    My band:- http://www.youtube.com/user/RedwingBand

Comment

Hmm, I'm not sure what that means; I figure it's probably an ability to emulate the sound of a cabinet.
      I don't know if it has that, but I'm not intentionally using it that's for sure.
      Here are some examples of how the recordings from it sound:

1. Distortion stuff
      2. Non-distortion stuff

Comment

Working...
      X