Peavey Valveking 112

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey Valveking 112

I have this peavey valveking that sounds weak and distorted. I've replaced the preamp tubes, phase inverter tube, power tubes, and check for opened resistors. I didn't find anything. I've noticed a defective 4560 IC and replaced it, but it didn't resolve the issue. What could be causing this?

Isolate the problem, is it the power amp or the preamp that is bad?

Apply a signal to the input and trace it through the amp, find out where it doesn't make the jumpe from stage to stage.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

It looks like it's in both. There's distortion coming out the main speaker and distortion on the preamp: going from the send on the effects loop to the input jack of another amp.

Comment

Well, if the distortion is present at the preamp out, it won't disappear going to the power amp. APply a clean test signal from somewhere else to the power amp input.

As to the preamp, as I said, apply a clean signal at the input and trace it through stage by stage.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thanks! I'll give it a shot.

Comment

Working...
          X