Virus shop precautions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mick Bailey View Post
    I would't want to wipe down a vintage instrument with it, though. A poly finish would be OK but cellulose could react. For the time being I'm handling with gloves, sanitizing as much as I can and placing instruments in quarantine for at least three days. With some gear lettering will come off panels with isopropyl alcohol.

I'm planning on trying UV sterilization. I've cleared an out building and am installing two UV-C tubes, a timer, and a door open safety switch. Pop the items in, push the timer button. I calculate 10 mins should be a sufficient dose. When done turn over and repeat. I would not use it on vintage guitars but that's not something I generally work on anyway.

I also have 70% IPA ( not the beer!) in a spray bottle too.

And yes, shelves are empty here too. They call it panic buying but since people are being told to stay at home it seems like it is just to avoid having to go out to the grocery store for many weeks ( months in some cases).
    Last edited by nickb; 03-19-2020, 09:16 AM.
    Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Comment

I thought of UV for banknotes. I have a handheld lamp for curing resin that's quite powerful - it reddens exposed skin and you have to wear the supplied goggles so it may work OK. There's nothing on shelves here either and I've repeatedly seen insane levels of greed. It's interesting that on last nights news they reported that despite the severity in Italy there's order and no panic buying.

Comment

I decided to avoid paper money transactions. All digital: Venmo, PayPal, Square.
        --
        I build and repair guitar amps
        http://amps.monkeymatic.com

Comment

I went to pay for some items by card yesterday and ended up having to use cash - the shop assistant said the systems couldn't handle the transaction volumes across the country.

Comment

Slightly off topic but just to bring some levity. "Mein schatz" ="My precious"

Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Comment

A good number of years ago two friends along with my girlfriend (now Wife) and I hired a boat to navigate the Caledonian Canal from east to west in Scotland. On the way back we ran into a severe storm on Loch Ness and had to moor at Urquhart Castle for a two days My girlfriend and I had only one toilet roll, they had none. The Holder of the Sacred Roll can exert considerable power over his subjects, and bend their will to whatever he desires.

The supermarkets are full of easter eggs and nothing else. You can't wipe your arse on an easter egg.

Comment

Working...
              X