Anybody Ever Use 6BK5s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody Ever Use 6BK5s?

Just wondering. Got an old Curtis-Mathes Stereo chassis, dual single-ended 6BQ5, but I got some 6BK5s & was thinking about trying them. Specs seem close enough for Rawk&Roll to me...

I'll likely try it either way. The really dangerous part is I have no idea what the speaker loads were originally! 😬

Thanks for any clues,

Justin
    "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
    "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
    "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Looks like the pinout is different; also heater current is much higher.

https://frank.pocnet.net/sheets/127/6/6BK5.pdf

Comment

I got all that covered. Using a lot less preamp tubes & will rewire the sockets if I use em. Any experience with sound? I just wanna get rid of some of this stuff laying around and I need a sub-50W amp to boot!

Justin
      "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
      "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
      "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

Working...
      X