Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to disassemble a Rean Mini XLR Plug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to disassemble a Rean Mini XLR Plug?

Hey Everyone,

I know this sounds crazy, but I cannot figure out how to disassemble this plug so I can access the solder contacts. Rean has a PDF which shows how to re-assemble the plug, but I can't figure out how to disassemble it!

The model number is: RT3FC-B

Here's a link to the Rean site (no affiliation):

http://www.rean-connectors.com/en/pr...ectors/rt3fc-b

Does anyone have any experience with these?

Thanks.
    LL

Which sequence of events are you having trouble with?
    Remove the rubber boot.
    Unscrew the cap.
    Remove the connector.

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
      Which sequence of events are you having trouble with?
      Remove the rubber boot.
      Unscrew the cap.
      Remove the connector.
      Mine has no rubber boot and I have already unscrewed the cap. I just don't understand how to remove the connector. Do you know how to do this?

Thanks.
      LL

Comment

Once the threaded part is out of the shell the shell should slide forward off the chuck/pins, just get a small screwdriver up in between the pins and push. Unless someones glued the shell on it should slide off. Then back off the chuck (blue or black) and desolder.

Comment

Originally posted by tedmich View Post
          Once the threaded part is out of the shell the shell should slide forward off the chuck/pins, just get a small screwdriver up in between the pins and push. Unless someones glued the shell on it should slide off. Then back off the chuck (blue or black) and desolder.
          It looks like the chuck is inside the shell. Mine is a female jack so I don't see any pins, but you are saying to push from that side through the shell, through the side where the chuck is now?

Thanks.
          LL

Comment

wow a female cable end? I've never seen one.

The chuck should pull back off the side key (see picture) and the shell should go forward off the body.

Man I hated soldering those, my sausage fingers are not made for that size!

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by tedmich View Post
              wow a female cable end? I've never seen one.

The chuck should pull back off the side key (see picture) and the shell should go forward off the body.

Man I hated soldering those, my sausage fingers are not made for that size!

Good luck!
              Thanks for your help. Do I just slide it or do I need to depress anything to release the pieces from one another?

LL

Comment

Working...
              X