No announcement yet.

Deluxe Reverb strangeness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This would be a lot easier to find out if it works if the issue weren't so fleeting, as in sometimes days between. Because as has been said maybe the issue doesn't happen because this mitigated it, or maybe just because of the random unknown nature of the failure.
    It's weird, because it WAS working fine.....

Comment

Intermittents are always the hardest to solve, by their nature you can't sit there and watch it in failure mode.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I thought it had yet to be proven that the audio fault always corresponded to the oscillation seen on the scope.
        I think that assumption may be preventing or at least slowing down solving the problem.
        Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

At first I thought it was always following the oscillation, but I have since stated that a few times I have seen it do the opposite. The latest failure mode did indeed have a collapsed wave, but I have seen the opposite.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall View Post
            At first I thought it was always following the oscillation, but I have since stated that a few times I have seen it do the opposite. The latest failure mode did indeed have a collapsed wave, but I have seen the opposite.
            Have you tried simply cleaning and maybe re-tensioning the tube sockets? You keep mentioning that touching a probe to tube pins makes things change. Maybe you're jiggling something into being bad and good.

Comment

I have jiggled and jostled and pounded, it's not mechanical. Touching several HT places makes it reset, not just tube pins. As mentioned even probing B+ feed to OT makes it reset.

Comment

I guess no difference with footswitch connected or not?
                Have you eyed up the layout drawing for any wiring dressed out of whack?
                Originally posted by Enzo
                I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Footswitch is not in play. Reverb is disconnected, and tremolo tube is out, because one tridode was shorted when it came in, so I pulled it. Customer has a replacement at home he wants to use.

I have buttoned this back up, I have other work I need to get to, and I have spent over a week with this on my bench. I fixed the complaints it came in with a long time ago. It only does this issue about once in 10 - 15 times of powering up cold, and is corrected by flipping the power switch a time or two. The customer only plays at home, so I guess in this case it is what it is. This is a very weird issue that I must accept I don't know how to solve, and move on.

Comment

Working...
                  X