No announcement yet.

Line 6 XPS-AB Schematic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the update and glad you got the pictures. Hopefully Line 6 will be able to send you the updated schematic to the AB box. Till then, take care!

Comment

Originally posted by gaztech View Post
      Hi. PM me.

I have the Variax Service manual which I can send you. It's too big to put here! I'm pretty sure that what you need is in there.

Cheers
      Can you se no me the service manual for the XP’s-ab and if you have the circuit diagram and parts list for the variable 700 acoustic main PCB
      THANK YOU IN ADVANCE IF YOU CAN HELP

joeonguitar@yahoo.com

Comment

FWIW: I wouldn't post your email on a public forum. It's best to PM that information, unless you like spam.
        "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Oh, and Bill... before I contact them I will almost certainly need the serial number of the unit!

PM me with it if you don't wish to post it here. Thanks.
          Wondering if you ever received the rev b schematic? I too have a rev b board that is missing the 7V output. I suspect Q9 regulator but with a rev A schematic I'm at a loss to troubleshoot. I called line-6 and they told me they don't have the schematic. I know the schematic eists because we all have the rev a schematic. Any help is truly appreciated.

Comment

Hi guys,

It's been a while since I was on this thread. The short answer to Brettgardner is no. I never received the schematics. I contacted Line6 many times. Most times they ignored me. I did get one reply with the usual crap that comes back from manufacturers these days - "No we can't supply it other than to authorised Service Centres". I contacted a few dealers in the UK who I know and sell Line 6 - they surely should be able to get some schematics. No, it seems. Most can only send stuff back to them for repair. What??

I did, at one point, speak to someone who told me that Version B schematics have never been available so even if they could supply schematics that wouldn't be one of them.

Frankly, I don't believe any of it. I've been in this business almost 40 years and these days it is almost impossible to repair anything using the proper service materials. All of the large conglomerates that own everything are obstructive to this practice. It's just pure luck that some kind souls upload things like this to the internet. Without that, we would be in a very sorry state. There are some great companies that don't follow this practice and I commend them (Yamaha for instance) but these companies are in the minority.

I've said it time and time again - even arguing profusely with some companies, the "Service Centre Only" approach does NOT work. It never has and it never will. Most equipment is too large and too heavy to ship hundreds or even thousands of miles back to the manufacturer or the nearest service centre. It is simply too cost prohibitive and you have no guarantee that the product won't get lost or damaged in the process. Time in this industry is also a factor. Most of our instuments/amplifiers/keyboards etc are mission critical to us. DO the manufacturers/distributors care? - Nope...

RIght now, if there is no Service Centre for the product in your country, you are dead in the water. I recently had a spat with SSL, the mixer manufacturers. I needed a special pot for one of their compressors (I couldn't get it anywhere else). Took me two phone calls and 8 emails to get them to actually sell it to me. I'm in Malta so the prospect of "Take it to your local Service Centre" was a joke. There isn't and never will be a service centre for their products here. They were forced to supply it. The pot arrived about a week ago - and all in, with shipping, TWO lots of VAT (UK and Malta - don't ask...) this tiny pot cost me £50. Bloody ridiculous. This is how manufacturers are treating their customers these days. No-one seems to give a damn any more.

There really should be a law against manufacturers actively preventing qualified personnel repairing their products.Stuff that can't be repaired ends up being trashed and in this day and age of "Save the Planet" that is simply not acceptable.

There is a European movement "Right to Repair" who are presently trying to lobby the EU to force manufacturers to stop this arcane practice. It seems that they are also getting some traction in the U.S. too. If they win then it will be good for everyone.

I will keep looking for the aforementioned documents. They ARE out there somewhere. They must be. If users are needing this information, at some time or other I'll get one of these in for repair and I'll be up the creek without a paddle too. It's in my own interests to stick with this. If I find anything I'll revert back here.

Comment

Oh... and I don't want to mislead anyone here... my reference to Yamaha refers only to their own products! Anything they have acquired is treated separately to the Yamaha range - including Line6.

It's possible that the core company don't know that the other brands are dealt with differently. Could be a method of attack if we don't come up with anything...

Comment

Hi guys,

It's been a while since I was on this thread. The short answer to Brettgardner is no. I never received the schematics. I contacted Line6 many times. Most times they ignored me. I did get one reply with the usual crap that comes back from manufacturers these days - "No we can't supply it other than to authorised Service Centres". I contacted a few dealers in the UK who I know and sell Line 6 - they surely should be able to get some schematics. No, it seems. Most can only send stuff back to them for repair. What??

I did, at one point, speak to someone who told me that Version B schematics have never been available so even if they could supply schematics that wouldn't be one of them.

Frankly, I don't believe any of it. I've been in this business almost 40 years and these days it is almost impossible to repair anything using the proper service materials. All of the large conglomerates that own everything are obstructive to this practice. It's just pure luck that some kind souls upload things like this to the internet. Without that, we would be in a very sorry state. There are some great companies that don't follow this practice and I commend them (Yamaha for instance) but these companies are in the minority.

I've said it time and time again - even arguing profusely with some companies, the "Service Centre Only" approach does NOT work. It never has and it never will. Most equipment is too large and too heavy to ship hundreds or even thousands of miles back to the manufacturer or the nearest service centre. It is simply too cost prohibitive and you have no guarantee that the product won't get lost or damaged in the process. Time in this industry is also a factor. Most of our instuments/amplifiers/keyboards etc are mission critical to us. DO the manufacturers/distributors care? - Nope...

RIght now, if there is no Service Centre for the product in your country, you are dead in the water. I recently had a spat with SSL, the mixer manufacturers. I needed a special pot for one of their compressors (I couldn't get it anywhere else). Took me two phone calls and 8 emails to get them to actually sell it to me. I'm in Malta so the prospect of "Take it to your local Service Centre" was a joke. There isn't and never will be a service centre for their products here. They were forced to supply it. The pot arrived about a week ago - and all in, with shipping, TWO lots of VAT (UK and Malta - don't ask...) this tiny pot cost me £50. Bloody ridiculous. This is how manufacturers are treating their customers these days. No-one seems to give a damn any more.

There really should be a law against manufacturers actively preventing qualified personnel repairing their products.Stuff that can't be repaired ends up being trashed and in this day and age of "Save the Planet" that is simply not acceptable.

There is a European movement "Right to Repair" who are presently trying to lobby the EU to force manufacturers to stop this arcane practice. It seems that they are also getting some traction in the U.S. too. If they win then it will be good for everyone.

I will keep looking for the aforementioned documents. They ARE out there somewhere. They must be. If users are needing this information, at some time or other I'll get one of these in for repair and I'll be up the creek without a paddle too. It's in my own interests to stick with this. If I find anything I'll revert back here.
                Thank you very much for your time and effort. A very frustrating reality for sure. I feel your pain. Hard to believe that a company that no longer supports their product wouldn't release the schematics to the general public. It only makes sense if they just don't care and want you to buy new product, which makes me never want to buy another piece of line-6 gear. I guess i'll trace out the circuit the old fashion way, which we all know is very difficult. I suspect Q9 regulator. C-9 and C- 10 were both toast. It was a hot day and I think it just overheated. I'll post my solution once i solve the problem.

Comment

Does anyone know the difference in output voltage between the xps-ab and the xps mini? I'm hoping to modify an xps-ab to power my 300 acoustic. Apparently the 300 acoustic series has different requirements
                  TIA.

Comment

Good evening, I have a problem with my Line6 Variax 600. Can anyone tell me where I can get the wiring diagram (scheme) for it?

Comment

Not sure. Is this what you're looking for? If not, it might be close.

http://remontradio.ru/wp-content/upl...ice-Manual.pdf
                      "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Working...
                      X