Crackling on 1990 Fender Red Knob Twin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crackling on 1990 Fender Red Knob Twin

Just noticed my 1990 Fender Red knob twin which i believe are known as Evil Twin causes some cracking noise even with no guitar connected during the first 15 to 25 minutes after removing the standby switch. Once warm it dissapears. i replaced all eletrolytic caps 3 years ago and both power resistors. How can i tackle this problem? What should i measure to determine the culprit?

Do you have other tubes to try?
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

No help with the noise but...

Many amps have borne the unofficial title of "Evil Twin," but the one that Fender gave the official title to was the Twin-Amp that followed the red-knob. Early 90s, part of the Pro Tube Series.

Jusrin
      "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
      "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
      "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

Read the “post it”.. Check the effects loop.. especially if you don’t use it. Plug into the return. Any crackling? Take the send out into another amp. Any crackling? Also Main amp in preamp out jacks. Maybe check tube socket tension or corrosion and yes.. swap a few tubes to start.

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
          Do you have other tubes to try?
          Yes. How do i verify this?

Comment

Working...
          X