Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where would be the best place to insert a reverb circuit into a tweed tremolux 5G9?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
    Why make it temporary? Wire a small 1 meg trimmer pot right on the part board in place or the 1 meg resistor. Dial it all the way up and the circuit is stock. Want less drive, dial it down to suit. And if you ever change your taste in reverb, there is nothing to un-modify. Just adjust the trimmer.

If you lose some reverb volume, I should hope there would be plenty of room left on the panel control. I don't know anyone who plays it on 10. Or 11...
    This is entirely do-able too. But you may be signing me up for more drawing to make sure the layout is stable Which I can do I suppose.
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

There's a 1M resistor as the grid load for the reverb driver tube input. Imagine that is a volume pot. You can create a voltage division with a series resistor and a dropping resistor to the ground with the total sum being near the 1M value. Incidentally, you could even wire a 1M pot there temporarily. Wire it JUST LIKE A VOLUME CONTROL. Signal from the 500p goes to the right lug, left lug grounded and the center lug feeds the grid of the driver tube. Now you can alter the drive to that tube. If you find a level that sounds better to you, remove the pot and measure the values at each end. Replace the pot with fixed resistors. Easy peezy. THEN...

Is there any chance you could show me in a layout? I am the type that needs to see it.
      Sorry for any inconvenience

Comment

Here ya go. Changes in green

Attached Files

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?

Comment

The trimmer pot that Enzo was speaking of? Is there a certain brand i should be looking for. the trimmer pots have a power rating? I have been looking at a few not sure they will handle the application?
          https://www.goldmine-elec-products.c...?number=G21832

https://www.goldmine-elec-products.c...?number=G23477

Comment

Those would be fine. If you have a fairly stiff pot on hand that would be fine too. It's just a small signal there at relatively low voltage and no real current. Anything you buy will be up to the task. Same applies to the 220k resistance off the reverb pot. You could install a trimmer there too so that both adjustments could be made at your whimsy. Because any time you change the drive into the reverb system you'll probably want to adjust the output level to balance.

Comment

Agree, any pot you pick will work, absolutely no strain on it. You could mount a real control on a panel if you like. Or a tiny screwdriver turned trimmer right on an eyelet board.
              Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

i finally got time to piece a little recording of the 5g9 modded with the reverb. i think it came out good and i slowed down the tremolo.

https://youtu.be/6WznYmpz2cs

Thanks to all for the help especially Chuck

Comment

Working...
                X