Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bogner ATMA

Hi everyone,

I'm having loads of problems getting hold of a schematic for a Bogner ATMA head.

No-one seems to have this!

I tried bogner and they refused so I'm appealing here. Help! Anyone have one?

Thanks in advance.

Are these things really like hen's teeth to get hold of ?? !!

Comment

Some manufacturers simply don't release schematics of currently manufactured products. Design plagiarism is very common in the industry. It's possible that they've never released one into public.

Do you have one you need to repair? Do you wish to clone one?
      "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
      You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Hi Chuck,

I had one in for repair. That's when I posted the schematic request.

Had to fix it "blind". As it turned out, the repair wasn't too bad to deal with but I need a drawing in case it ever comes back with anything else. The amp is very complex and if it ever has a weird fault it's going to be very tricky. I like to be prepared in advance!

I'll keep trying to get one as I just "know" that at some point im going to need it.

I have many schematics in my library that are subject to NDA agreements. I respect that. I do understand why manufacturers insist on them and I would never break the NDA - but manufacturers simply HAVE to understand that it's not practically possible to send all items to "approved service centres" to get stuff fixed.

I live in Malta (middle of the Mediterranean). There is no official service centre here. It's VERY costly indeed to ship heavy equipment in and out of the country. Customs don't like it either. It's not feasable to ship stuff that needs a repair to a service centre on the other side of the world. Cost is prohibitive. The nearest service point for Bogner as far as I can make out is at least 1500 miles away. Manufacturers just don't care about this and it's very bad practice.

If there's a service point in your country then I could understand why the manufacturer would not release the information - but if there isn't one then the end user pays a heavy price if the product goes wrong. That, from a marketing point of view is suicide for the product. I don't agree with the policy at all - it stinks.

I have a similar issue with ADAM Audio right now with one of their Sub7's. It has an issue with the switch mode supply and I need a drawiing to get it sorted. They won't supply it so the customer has to fork out for a completely new module at a cost of around $250 - this is just plain wrong....

To all you manufacturers out there... We genuine service techs need your support! We're here to help YOUR customers!

We don't need to be fobbed off with excuses about policy. You are giving disservice to your loyal customers. It's not fair on them. Supply the information to genuine people. Make them sign NDA's if you like but this practice of not revealing anything cannot continue. The end result is that the product just gets thrown away. You are adding to the pollution of the planet! It's not necessary.

Comment

Working...
        X