Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADAM S7 schematics

Hi guys,

Does anyone have a schematic for the ADAM S7 sub? I have one with a wierd issue with the power supply and I need to get it sorted.

ADAM can't / won't help (doesn't surprise me) so I'm left high and dry with this one.

Can anyone help?

perhaps some basic photos and describe the weird issue.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Hi. Thanks for replying on this.

Unit came to me -dead. Nothing happening at all. I took the PSU board out and found a shorted dual diode (bolted to the rear panel - there are two of them). I replaced both diodes to be sure. I couldn't find anything else wrong at all so I went for it and turned it on. Everything came up and it was working. I tested it at different volume levels and all was ok. I gave it back to the customer. He used it for about 6 weeks with no issues. A while ago he brought it back - same problem - dead. I though perhaps that it was the same issue but no, diodes were ok and I can find no other reason for it to be dead. I took a few capacitors out to check them as often issues with SM power supplies can be that but all seem fine. Semiconductors all measure ok out of circuit.

Without any schematic this is a real pig to get into. The board isn't that easy to work on as there is black cement holding many of the components in place. I don't really want to dig into that to get more components out to test them.I guess it's possible that the main regulator IC is bad but somehow I don't think it is that. This will be my next port of call if I can't get a drawing for it.

If anyone is reading this that knows this unit and any potential failure parts I'd appreciate if you could let me know. Replacing the board is not an option for the customer as it's going to be expensive.

Can anyone tell me if this unit's electronics are made by Tristar?

Someone must have it. Maybe I'll get lucky.

Comment

Hi.
        Finally got round to getting back into this one... Photos enclosed which show the parts that I found to be faulty and were replaced. The two diodes (shown bolted to the chassis) were replaced first. It then worked fine. Worked perfectly for about 6 weeks then came back to me - symptom - dead, and it is. Looks like an identical fault but the diodes are ok. This time I only found a bad 2SK363 which has been replaced but the unit is still dead. Power supply does not start. No burning, nothing obvious at all. Just sits there...

I "really" need a schematic to go further into it! Anyone?? Click image for larger version

Name:	Pic2.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	197.4 KB
ID:	857545

Comment

Working...
        X