Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Non-electrolytic replacement caps, Orange Drops, etc - Your thoughts please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, how about where the caps are made?

I know this Thread is old but the cap discussions were very interesting. I am replacing a PC board in a Vibroverb RI with a 6G16 turret board with all new components for a friend of mine. The original PC board is full of IC Illinois (very small) epoxy and ceramic caps, a bunch of 1/4 watt resisters. I'm using 716 OD, Silver mica, Mallory electrolytic K bypass, atom Filter Caps and 1 watt resisters. I'm interested in hearing some opinions/comments on whether or not this will improve the tone...I'm assuming that the Sprague caps are made in the US
    Norm
    Last edited by Normybaby; 11-15-2008, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Why would you assume that? They may be, but don;t assume it. FInd out.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Caps vs everything else

I love these cap discussions!
        In SW Missouri, we used to call this "talking shotguns"

Talking shotguns is when someone is talking a whole lot about how you can, or can't, do one thing or another unless you are using a certain shotgun and ammunition type...

My personal experimentation has resulted in my beleiving that there is more in your left hand, than anything else. Put a worthless gun, with worthless ammo in the hands of a good shooter.....the result will be better than putting an expensive gun, with custom ammo, in the hands of an amateur

A really well balanced amp, with almost any componets in it, placed in the right hands will sound increadible....the tool is what the tool is

Caps are tiny stuff in the tonal quest...

Although, I beleive in quality...so I mostly use M150s and Spragues...whenever I can help it....so maybe I'm "talking shotguns"

Comment

Working...
        X