Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VUMETER

Hello,

anybody knows where I can buy some vumeters in Europe?

Thanks.

Do you want a VU meter, the piece of equipment calibrated to measure signal level in decibels? Or do you want the actual physical meter itself, like those in a stereo receiver or something?
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

The physical meter itself, like those in setero receiver.

Comment

I don't know a commercial source in Europe, but unless you need a quantity of them, WHenever I scrap out a dead stereo amp/receiver, I usually save the meters. Find a dead stereo with meters, you might get them for free.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

It depends what you want in terms of quality, matching and accuracy.

These look pretty good for (say) a Urei 1176 clone;
          https://www.canford.co.uk/Index/VU-m...O-LEVEL-METERS

I buy a fair bit from Banggood and if you can wait there are some reasonable parts at a decent price. These are budget but come with a driver module;
          https://uk.banggood.com/2-Pcs-VU-Met...r_warehouse=CN

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
            I don't know a commercial source in Europe, but unless you need a quantity of them, WHenever I scrap out a dead stereo amp/receiver, I usually save the meters. Find a dead stereo with meters, you might get them for free.
            Scrap cassette & reel-to-reel machines often have nice meters you can use. Old PA/recording mixers too. Certain brands, particularly Soundcraft, had nice big ones, and lots of them on their larger mixers.
            This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Thanks to all of you.

l will keep it in mind.

Comment

Working...
              X