Unidentified Magical Tesla Coil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chuck H View Post
    Diodes don't usually fizzle. They just go open or short. It could be like Leo said and there's some contaminant on the board. Sometimes boards can go conductive with burn marks. Gotta clean all that or even remove the burns with a Dremel like a melon baller.
    You got that right !! after I de-soldered the burnt diodes I tested them and they are fine, if I power the amp on with the guitar and speaker connected I get a low volume 8-bit-ish buzz that starts at a high frequency and slowly settles in a lower frequency, no output from guitar

Comment

Resolder those caps, diodes, zener diodes and voltage regulators in that area. They are all prone to 'de-soldering' themselves due to heat and vibration.
      It sounds like a bad solder connection at those diodes was arcing. What are the component designations on those diodes for future reference?
      Originally posted by Enzo
      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Never mind, I found them. D2,3,4, & 5 in the HV supply for the tube. Top right pg.1 of attached schematic.
        Check fuse F1, then check for high voltage at both sides of R19.
        Attached Files
        Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Working...
        X