Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5E3 Power Trannie 240V ?

Hi Folks

any opinion on the best value/quality 5E3 power trannie with 240V input?

Given I'm not in the USA it also helps if the vendor does *not* use an overnight courier for all orders!!! USPS is just fine

Thanks
    Nick

Originally posted by nickt View Post
    Hi Folks

any opinion on the best value/quality 5E3 power trannie with 240V input?

Given I'm not in the USA it also helps if the vendor does *not* use an overnight courier for all orders!!! USPS is just fine

Thanks
    Nick
    weber probably isnt a bad option, ive ordered a pt from them for a 5e3ish build, but used bridge rectification so it was a different pt. happy with it though.

shipping wasn't too bad (was around 35$ american from memory, with a fair few caps and pots ect.)

Comment

http://www.tube-town.net/ttstore/ind...1ab17f09b4752l

http://www.amplimo.nl/index.html?lan...arget=d19.html

Comment

Originally posted by black_labb View Post
        weber probably isnt a bad option, ive ordered a pt from them for a 5e3ish build, but used bridge rectification so it was a different pt. happy with it though.

shipping wasn't too bad (was around 35$ american from memory, with a fair few caps and pots ect.)
        Normally I'd agree as I've got no problem with weber stuff, particularly power trannies and shipping, however the blown trannie IS a weber and expired after only 15 minutes of playing. I'm talking to Ted about this but would be reluctant to pay for another weber for *this* amp just at the moment.

Note: that it is still unclear to me why the trannie blew (actually seems to be SC on one or more windings). The amp was setup within specs wrt bias and power so apart from a manufacturing defect the only other thing I can think of is parasitic oscillation .

Anyway the amp gestation has been so long that the trannie is way out of the 30 day warranty - so I'll probably just have to suck it up.

cheers
        Nick

Comment

Just heard back from Ted Weber and he's offered to replace the trannie!
          Hey! I'm pretty pleased.

Yay Ted!

Comment

Working...
          X