No announcement yet.

Peavey KB100 Sounds Fuzzy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a pair of L100s I have had for decades. Nice speakers.

I'd suggest not trying to define the Peavey with stereotypes. It isn't a hifi and is not designed to be, but distortion in a keyboard amp is not desirable unless it is a controllable feature. Keyboards usually have their own effects.

Your headphone amp is not a preamp, it is a headphone amp, and yes, it is not designed to feed a regular amplifier like the Peavey.

I think the issue may be that your Yamaha is what I call a home instrument, or maybe a consumer instrument is a better word. COntrast a pro instrument. A pro unit won't have speakers and definitely will have line outs, in fact might have a number of them. Nothing wrong with that, just different markets.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

C62 really ought not get hot unless backwards.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Solve that C62 heat issue before you have a cap explosion. Too hot to touch is definitely not from nearby resistors.
        Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
          C62 really ought not get hot unless backwards.
          Or its rated voltage is exceeded. Did we install a new cap rated with high enough voltage?
          "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Working...
          X