No announcement yet.

Restoring 70s STRAT low pickup volume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agree with Chuck. Nice looking axe. Out of curiosity, did you have the pickups rewound, solder issues, or what was the final solution?
    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Bet the knobs aren’t original. Nice “big headstock” Strat. Pay attention to the micro tilt mechanism.

Comment

Originally posted by brunobliss View Post
        both neck and middle pickups fixed!
        The sweet sound of success! Did you find a rewind? Let us know, in case anyone else in that area runs into the same problem, they can find the info by searching.
        This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Originally posted by olddawg View Post
          Bet the knobs aren’t original. Nice “big headstock” Strat. Pay attention to the micro tilt mechanism.
          Agree. I still like it. And I usually like to contrast my pickups with the pick guard too, but on that guitar I like the black on black.
          "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
          You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
            Agree with Chuck. Nice looking axe. Out of curiosity, did you have the pickups rewound, solder issues, or what was the final solution?
            Took it to a local Luthier (Filipe Brandão btw great person / professional), he tried to salvage the pickups by first unwinding both PU a couple of times but ended up having to totally rewind both. 3 Days turnaround. I'm very happy with it

Originally posted by Chuck H View Post
            Agree. I still like it. And I usually like to contrast my pickups with the pick guard too, but on that guitar I like the black on black.
            All the hardware, apart from the white knobs (waiting for the black ones to arrive) and schaller strap locks (i think) are original stuff, here's a picture of me in the 80s holding the actual guitar

Last edited by brunobliss; 05-09-2020, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X