Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carvin MTS 3200

Hello All,
    New to the forum. I've never really worked on gear too much, but I'm fairly mechanically inclined. That said, I've got a Carvin MTS 3200 head that is giving me troubles. No sound, power comes on, tubes light up, just replaced all 5 12AX7 tubes to see if that helped. It did not. So, I took the thing apart. One of the resistors has come loose on one side. Could that be the issue? If so, what is the best way to re-attach it? Soldering iron? Any help is appreciated!
    Bests,
    Jeremy Jackson

yes, resistors need soldering,which one is it?

Comment

It says 350 OHM 10% CW 10P CP on it.

Comment

that's the main resistor,between first and second filter capacitor,if that is not connected no power no signal.
        Try to solder it adding fresh solder.
        Do you think the soldering broke because of vibrations or there is some hot spot,maybe a capacitor that went down?do they lok good?

Comment

I definitely think it must of come loose due to vibrations. It seems to look ok. I would add an image but I don't see where to do that.

Comment

Here it is- https://www.tdpri.com/media/img_0371.44391/
            You can see at the bottom where it is not connected.

Comment

I can't say for sure, but it looks like the resistor leads are actually broken. That's different than a solder issue. If it were mine, I'd remove it and the broken lead parts from the board. Then wrap and solder wire through the holes in the left over leads that are still attached and resolder it into the board to ensure a good connection. That, or just replace it. Just adding solder to the top side of those leads is not a reliable repair.
              "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Pulled the board and resoldered the broken lead and after cleaning it up. Now it's going all the way to 11 again! Sounds pretty freaking awesome with the new tubes as well. Thanks for the responses folks!

Comment

Working...
                X