Screw you Fluke!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
    That is the problem with ordering ONE part. If I order a 5 cent diode, and they mail it to me with a 50 cent stamp, the shipping is still TEN TIMES the cost of the part.

I support local guys wanting to learn and build their own stuff. And if they walk in and say they need a 100k resistor, I just give them one. The three-part NCR sales slip costs more than the resistor. It would cost me money to sell them the part.
    Exactly! And if you're a magnetics company selling an excellent SE OT for US $19.00 you're hope is to sell fifty or a hundred at a time. If you've ever seen a magnetics shop in operation you understand why. In that case I think I paid $23.00 shipping on that $19.00 part. Net is $42.00. It's an excellent 10W SE OT. Go ahead an shop around. The unit cost plus shipping for anything near the same quality is about the same or more across the market.
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck H View Post
      Exactly! And if you're a magnetics company selling an excellent SE OT for US $19.00 you're hope is to sell fifty or a hundred at a time. If you've ever seen a magnetics shop in operation you understand why. In that case I think I paid $23.00 shipping on that $19.00 part. Net is $42.00. It's an excellent 10W SE OT. Go ahead an shop around. The unit cost plus shipping for anything near the same quality is about the same or more across the market.
      Likewise...

And this is a point I've been meaning to get too...

It's a Fluke!!! Screw Fluke? Ok, maybe this one thing is a flaw in their business model for how YOU want to use their product, but it's a damn good meter! So you gotta take the good with the bad. Your other option of "screw Fluke" means you'll be using something other than a fluke meter from now on? Not a sacrifice I would make on a point of price or pride.

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?

Comment

Mouser does take small orders, and that is great. But their main customers are people like Boeing, General Motors, Lockheed, General Dynamics.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

No, I didn't say I would never buy another Fluke product. I would. just not this time under this circumstance, because it is a raw deal, and it pisses me off. I am going to refuse the delivery, and let them eat their own shipping costs, and see how they feel about it. Not that they will notice, but still. It's the principle of it. I'm Italian, and I don't like this kind of thing. At all.
          It's weird, because it WAS working fine.....

Comment

Originally posted by Randall View Post
            No, I didn't say I would never buy another Fluke product. I would. just not this time under this circumstance, because it is a raw deal, and it pisses me off. I am going to refuse the delivery, and let them eat their own shipping costs, and see how they feel about it. Not that they will notice, but still. It's the principle of it. I'm Italian, and I don't like this kind of thing. At all.
            I respect that. Absolutely. If it occurs to them that there is a problem then your trouble in the matter will help move things toward an improved shipping policy on their part Nothing changes if you don't stand up for your position on matters.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall View Post
              I'm Italian, and I don't like this kind of thing. At all.
              HA! My mom's Italian, but I don't think anyone "likes" this kind of thing. I'm not so sure it's unique to italians (but they seem to take any opportunity to tell people they're Italian).
              I'd be pissed too in your case, in that they didn't inform me of the shipping cost. But in general, I'm with Enzo on this one. I find ways of dealing with shipping costs by making the value work for me. I will sometimes wait til I have enough need to buy enough to offset the disparity. Other times, if I'm in the middle of a project and need the part, I will begrudgingly pay the shipping.
              But, as a rule, I will exhaust my research when purchasing any part to find the absolute best value for me. I will scour the earth, and then buy. Sometimes, the best option still hurts financially though.
              If I have a 50% chance of guessing the right answer, I guess wrong 80% of the time.

Comment

$2.95 + FREE shipping.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-F...gL4rA&LH_BIN=1
                "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
                  You're a solutions guy, The Dude.
                  If I have a 50% chance of guessing the right answer, I guess wrong 80% of the time.

Comment

Yup, looks like Fluke is run as a revenue extraction resource by a hedge fund.

I was considering getting a Fluke DIN-5 type connector for temperature sensors until I saw the $120 sticker, then saw they'd done nothing more than repackage the <$5 Switchcraft plug.

Who do they think they are? Big Pharma?
                    "Det var helt Texas" is written Nowegian meaning "that's totally Texas." When spoken, it means "that's crazy."

Comment

Originally posted by salvarsan View Post
                      Who do they think they are? Big Pharma?
                      Well, if one wanted to follow a successful business model...

Comment

Working...
                      X