No announcement yet.

Eden wt 800 no sound 'R amp/out low'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nevetslab, thanks for sharing your service notes on the wt800. Interesting read. I really appreciate the help you gave me on this amp. At this point, I'm going to put it aside for a later time or forever.
    If you're interested, I ended up getting the solder joint issue resolved, and had the -5.3 and 5.6v on D3 And D50 so I hooked the output back up and the D3 was back at -16v. Having replaced D3, D50, C10, C11, D4 and D5 I went around the board checking resistors and found R19 measuring 4.7K and should be 110ohms so I replaced it. Fired it up and D3 went dark and had -66v on it, shut it down and quit.
    Again thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by pontiacpete View Post
      Nevetslab, thanks for sharing your service notes on the wt800. Interesting read. I really appreciate the help you gave me on this amp. At this point, I'm going to put it aside for a later time or forever.
      If you're interested, I ended up getting the solder joint issue resolved, and had the -5.3 and 5.6v on D3 And D50 so I hooked the output back up and the D3 was back at -16v. Having replaced D3, D50, C10, C11, D4 and D5 I went around the board checking resistors and found R19 measuring 4.7K and should be 110ohms so I replaced it. Fired it up and D3 went dark and had -66v on it, shut it down and quit.
      Again thank you.
      I think at that point, I too would have thrown in the towel and shelved it. I had to give up on a Crest CA-9 a couple years ago that kept failing, and finally had to call it quits. Some repairs just go that way. The PCB's solder pads & traces on the Eden WT-800's don't tolerate many re-solderings before failing and making more work to restore. This WT-800 sure is squirrely....definitely a job for laterman, if at all.
      Logic is an organized way of going wrong with confidence

Comment

Hi yall,
        it might come a little late but as I found the schematics hard to read. I put them together so that the information is not spread in several pages (some of them repeated). Hi Res photo attached
        I have a WT500 myself that might need some work too.
        Hope it is useful

Comment

Working...
        X