No announcement yet.

Fender Roc Pro 100 reverb issues help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Roc Pro 100 reverb issues help!

Hello I have a fender roc pro 100 combo amp from the 90's t was not giving any problems until I transported it from the studio to home.

When I connected it at home all was fine but the problem is that everything works but the reverb, I tried several things.

1 taking the amp apart to look for loose solder that I did not find
    2 I checked the reverb tank and the solders look OK no problems
    3 cleaned the contacts, everything looks normal

Any idea how to proceed?

Thanks in advanced

Wow, that's loud!
    Welcome to the place! I presume you mean the Roc Pro 1000? Schematic here:

http://schems.com/bmampscom/fender/R..._schematic.pdf

I'd first check the resistance right at the tank input and output RCA connectors. Often those little wires to the transducers break at the strain relief inside the tank. It's sometimes hard to see the break with a visual inspection, but a resistance check will tell you if the problem is there.
    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Well, it is a pretty loud amp.

In addition to what the Dude said, I would also see if you get a clang out of the speaker when you tap on the reverb tank (amp on and reverb up obviously). You can also pull the RCA plugs off the tank and touch them and if you get a hum out of the amp from one then the amp is picking up the reverb out signal.

I really like that amp, and its retro twin the Performer 1000. I've had both, and have a Performer 1000 right now.

Comment

Does this amp require the foot switch for the Reverb to work? It has a pretty complex 3 button foot switch. I would look at that as well.

Comment

Originally posted by olddawg View Post
          Does this amp require the foot switch for the Reverb to work? It has a pretty complex 3 button foot switch. I would look at that as well.
          No, this doesn't require the footswitch for reverb.

Comment

Thanks man, I'll get a voltimeter to check I'll let you guys know if I resolved it, for now I haven't have time, sorry for the big font is my first post.

Comment

It doesn't require the switch but is convenient to have it

Comment

Working...
              X