Tektronix TekScope THS730A 200MHz Oscilloscope - Opinions Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tektronix TekScope THS730A 200MHz Oscilloscope - Opinions Please

I am looking for a good used scope. What do you think about this one?

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Tektronix THS730A

Originally posted by Frank_Rizzo View Post
    I am looking for a good used scope. What do you think about this one?

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Tektronix THS730A
    While I've been a Tektronix scope owner/user for decades, this one seems really expensive for what it is. Now, I'm a bit biased with my choice of their older high quality bench scopes (7000 Series), along with their TM Series SC504 dual channel 80MHz scope plug-in to mate with any of their 2-6 slot width power supplies, which is what I travel with, I never did invest in their good 265, 275 portable scopes, or any of the later similar sized scopes. There are loads of decent new and used scopes, both fully digital as well as enhanced analog scopes with readout and digital processing scopes for 1/4 the price this one was tagged at.

No doubt many of the owners of the current trends of what's available will respond to this thread.
    Logic is an organized way of going wrong with confidence

Comment

What will you be using it for? Good means many things. To a beginner a good scope means one that works and has basic functions. If you have been using a scope for decades and want to move up to top shelf, that is a different story. Are you working on audio? Or on RF? Or digital? Do you need it to be in that hand held portable format? Or will it live on a bench, in which case there are plenty of excellent older bench scopes.

I love the descriptions:

oscilloscope's simple graph can tell you many things about a signal,
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Frank, I loved your stuff with The Jerky Boys.
        Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
          Frank, I loved your stuff with The Jerky Boys.
          Ha! I didn't notice the name at first.
          If I have a 50% chance of guessing the right answer, I guess wrong 80% of the time.

Comment

Working...
          X