• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help fixing guitar buzz

Here's a video explaining my issue

https://youtu.be/fhLHi10Cr6g

Hope someone can help!

Welcome to the forum. Is this a new build or an existing guitar that's developed a fault? It looks to me that you may have the hot and ground connection reversed - maybe at the output socket.

Comment

Hey there! It's an existing guitar that's developed a fault. I got the current pickups installed by a shop around the start of the year and it worked fine without any buzzing until recently. My guess is I must have knocked the guitar abit too hard or something because I do tend to be a little clumsy with it.

Comment

Does the guitar do this with the volume turned to zero? Check the grounding to make sure the socket is connected up OK and there are no wires loose anywhere or any shorts - especially check the 'hot' socket contact isn't coming into contact with the screening when you insert the plug.

Comment

Was going to agree with Mick - a hot & ground are reversed somewhere.

FYI, when you are touching the "side," that black paint is a part of the circuit. It's conductive shieldibg, which is supposed to shunt unwanted interference to ground & prevent noise from getting picked up by wiring.

Justin
          "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
          "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
          "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

Working...
          X