• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by simonflower View Post
    Hi,
    I'm going to resold the tube bases now
    Thanks
    After you reflow check for continuity between the pins and next component. I had a HR Deville that had cracks in the traces themselves and had a gap right where the trace met the solder pad, and reflowing wasn't enough. I had to scrape the solder resist off the traces and use wire to bridge the gap.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
      Make sure the solder there is in good shape. Darker doesn't hurt anything until it turns black and carbonizes.
      Hi Enzo,
      ok I'll have a look at the soldert there too.
      So I don't need to worry about that?
      This is a relief..
      Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by glebert View Post
        After you reflow check for continuity between the pins and next component. I had a HR Deville that had cracks in the traces themselves and had a gap right where the trace met the solder pad, and reflowing wasn't enough. I had to scrape the solder resist off the traces and use wire to bridge the gap.
        ...oh wow!
        Ok, I'll use a very strong torch and magnifying glass to check everything.. and the Tester of course...
        Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by simonflower View Post
          Hi,
          I'm going to resold the tube bases now, and I just noticed tha the PCB is darkers under the 2 white resistor diode.
          What can I do about that?
          Thanks
          When the component leads are long enough, you can re-install the components elevated above the board. Easier to do when the parts are new, as you can create a 'dimple' in the lead to keep the part up off the PCB, and still be able to fold the lead over on the foil side. Or, if you have any fishpaper, you could slip a cut piece underneath between the PCB and the part.
          Logic is an organized way of going wrong with confidence

Comment

Working...
          X