Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many Fender Bronco amps were made from 1967 thru 1975 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many Fender Bronco amps were made from 1967 thru 1975 ?

Hi all,

A friend of mine has a very pristine Fender Bronco amp, made in 1971. He was asking about what it was worth and I explained that this amp is (electronically) identical to a Vibro Champ amp but people, mostly collectors, want this model for the red silkscreening/printing on the face. Champs and Vibro Champ were high production models for Fender in the silverface era (and had high sales figures). Now, I've really only seen two or three Bronco amps in person over many years in playing in bands and doing amp work, so I would assume that there are far less Broncos in the field than Vibro Champs. But does anyone here know that actual figures (from hanging out with Leo or any other Fender associations). I would assume about one in ten would be a Bronco, with maybe 2K or 3K made during their years of manufacture. I realize they were normally bundled with a budget beginner Fender guitar. This particular amp has a great tremolo.

Bob M.

No idea how many were made, but I have one, as well as a SF Vibrochamp. I picked up both cheap. Not original speakers (completely missing in both). I popped a Weber into each. They are close in tone, but very slightly different. Seems the Bronco is just a bit 'dirtier' cranked up. Running both is fun, and setting the tremolos different is kinda cool. Would be interesting to know just how many were made. A friend in Denver told me that the Bronco amp should remain in Denver, when I moved from there. It didn't!

Brad1

Comment

This list of serial numbers begins with A19000 (1967) and ends with A51000 (1975)
      Hope this helps.
      SG

http://www.superiormusic.com/page195.htm

Comment

I found exactly one vintage Bronco that sold on *bay. The asking price was $675 and the auction was settled by an "offer". So I assume less than $675. They're cool amps, but I don't think they'll ever be in the holy grail category of collectible. Maybe five hundred bucks to the right buyer? If you can find him/her?
        "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
        You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Working...
        X