Schematic of AC-15 schematic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schematic of AC-15 schematic?

By that I mean 'actual' schematic, actual circuit flow and part types and values, the 'stuff' I've found, I can't read / can't be read.

I have at least three versions of the AC15, and all of them are readable and apparently complete. Where did you get the ones you have and what about them is unreadable. Which amp do you have?

I see:
    AC 15 from about 1996 or 1997
    AC15CC1 from about 2005
    AC15HTVH from 2007

Like many modern schematics, the power tubes are ona different page and you have to follow the circuit across a multipin connector hear and there. That's the way it is.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

AC15CC1 from about 2005
      I believe this one might be close to my amp.
      I have MM transformers in it, had to reswap for the right one with the right taps [has 30v tap for opamps/reverb/tremolo].
      Amp sounds fine, I managed to rework enough to stop redplating..drawing a schematic section that might resemble the output tube cathodes and screen/plates.
      The thing I have which Vox calls a factory schematic has a grid line on the page which goes to w28, then to the other W28 which goes to the PCB which is just schemeared, traces, component types and values, their related assignments are unreadable, the wires just go 'somewhere' to the PCB or a harness. Too many wires I either can't trace to a component, or other confusion, most of it is not legible, I did get some values around the plate/screen, and managed to draw what probably looks enough like the cathode circuit to reduce current there.
      So an old one, like 'original' if there is 'one', or just one of the choices if there are more than one...
      And a new CCI version so I can see if it matches the working model I have here.
      MM irons really sparked this thing up, volume knob function / distortion characteristics improved markedly;

Comment

looking for one as well. does anyone know if the values are anywhere online?

Comment

Ah poop, I can't remember my AMpix password, I will get that straight and try to post it on there.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Amazing what happens sometimes when ye' ask nicely.
            er...I didn't even really ask, Enzo offered to:
            Ah poop, I can't remember my AMpix password, I will get that straight and try to post it on there.
            Which is very nice, thank you from all confused AC15 owners / and the curious..

Comment

OK, I put the three versions of Vox AC15 on the AMpix.org

I couldn't figure how to put one three page one of them in one file, so it is three. Make sure to get pages a,b,and c.

Comment

Thanks Enzo.
                I see a couple switches already [bass shift and Pentode/triode] and an EF86 which are uncommon to the other schematics...cool !
                I can imagine the amp I'm looking at with EF86 would sound a bit different than the RI, which is nice, also the read is easy on the eyes.
                Last edited by petemoore; 12-23-2007, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X