• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if somebody have the solution:!!!!????

Comment

Originally posted by kiwisamourai View Post
      if somebody have the solution:!!!!????
      Can you be a bit more specific about the problem?

Otherwise I'd try the things that the various posters here have suggested.
      Building a better world (one tube amp at a time)

"I have never had to invoke a formula to fight oscillation in a guitar amp."- Enzo

Comment

hi.

i have a vibro champ and i have "crakle" which amplifies with the bass. my sound is very bad when i put the volume up to 2.

http://www.mediasupload.com/visitors/1202237125.mp3

i have check all the contact, wiring, speaker,tubes!!

Comment

Hi kiwisamouri

By your post, I'm not sure how experienced you are with doing your own repairs. So at this point I would suggest you take the amp to a technician for a service.
          Building a better world (one tube amp at a time)

"I have never had to invoke a formula to fight oscillation in a guitar amp."- Enzo

Comment

thank you for your reply.

best regards

Comment

I don't hear the 'crakle' you speak of in your sound sample. Was this always a problem, or did it just start? Did you build the amp?

Comment

Alex
                if the squealing stops when you turn down the volume pot under 3, I'd also suspect the routing of the wires. I did have that in a few amps too and could figure it out by moving the wires with a wooden stick. Be very careful not to touch any live wires. Keeping the wires short is always a good choice, but sometimes you need a longer wire to get past a difficult position. Maybe use shielded wires.

Kiwi
                Same thing. Does the crackle change with the turn of the volume pot? Is the sound clear at some low point of the volume pot?
                With no experience in tube amps you might consider taking the amp to a repair shop.

Matt

Comment

Th problem solving

Sorry for the delay (job, children etc) ... The problem was the routing of preamp wires (too close together). Thanks Matt, thanks MWJB

Comment

Working...
                  X