Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introduction- and a question

Hi Everyone!

I am new to this forum (I just discovered it) and have been making pickups for about two or three years. I've been making guitars, on and off, since the 'sixties. So far, I have only wound pickups by hand and eyeball with very primitive equipment and will probably continue to do so, though I'll keep my mind open

My question concerns magnets for firebird pickups. I've made myself a 12-string electric using a couple of old pickups from a '70s SG, of the kind that had a LP-shaped pickguard and front-mounted control plate with two pots and two slide switches. Maybe SG-200 or ???? Black plastic covers with no holes. The standard clear plastic bobbins with ceramic magnets in rectangular slots. Sound OK but not very... musical? I need to get some alnico magnets for them. I'll need maybe a dozen or so.

Anybody know where I can score a few magnets of the correct size? I have not been happy with ones I have cut to size.

And is there a really good supplier for p/u parts? I only know about AllParts, StewMac and Guitar Parts USA in Amarillo. Perhaps you could direct me to a good links list?

Thanks a million,
    Dave

Hi, please see the sticky at the top of the page, it has a pretty good list of different things there

Comment

Originally posted by madialex View Post
      Hi, please see the sticky at the top of the page, it has a pretty good list of different things there
      I appreciate the response, but don't see any stickies. Could you perhaps give me a hint- what it looks like, what it says?

Thanks,
      Dave

Comment

Hi

it is the very first post at the top of the pickup makers posts page. Says FAQ

Comment

http://music-electronics-forum.com/s...ead.php?t=5138

Comment

OK, found it- Thanks, guys!

Comment

Originally posted by titanicslim View Post
              OK, found it- Thanks, guys!
              If you can't find them or they want you to buy in bulk. Let me know after the holidays and before NAMM and I may be able to hook you up.
              www.wbpickups.com

Comment

Working...
              X