No announcement yet.

Dynamic Speaker to Permanent Speaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Hey, I work nights here in my shop, and at 1:30PM I expect to be sleeping, thank you."

No disrespect intended. I just knew you would know what was what. I'm on the other end of the continent, so I wasn't even considering the actual time. It was meant more like "Enzo will know".

I was confused by the bare lead, I did a field coil retrofit once where that WAS the - lead for the OT. But in this case it I guess it's just a speaker chassis ground. Also, the shiney black and red leads looked to me like they could be on the back end of the choke/coil. But I'll wager your right on that one too.

I was pretty close though.

Chuck
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

I knew your intent, I was just being difficult. SOmeone here asked me once, don't I ever sleep, since I was posting at 5AM, and I said, sure, I sleep all day.

I am perfectly willing to be wrong on the red and black wires if someone can show me a better story. I'd bet the bare wire was a frame ground for the tranny, so they didn't rely on the rivets for that. But again, that is just me thinking.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Last question before I get to work on this sucker.
        What kind of resistor should I drop in there?

Comment

I guess maybe a 220 ohm 5 watt wirewound resistor.

Anyway, if what other posters are saying is correct, then you undo those black and red shiney wires from their lugs on the OT, and connect your replacement speaker to the lugs where those wires were.

I'm still sceptical though, I don't see why they would run the wires to the voice coil that way, when I can see a pigtail terminated to another lug on the speaker chassis.
          "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

Working...
          X